Kuwaiti kidnapped in Lebanon in August freed: source



BAALBEK, LEBANON- A Kuwaiti man kidnapped in August in the eastern Lebanese Bekaa valley on Tuesday was released and handed over to the authorities, a security source said.
There were no signs the kidnapping had been politically motivated, the source, who spoke to AFP on condition of anonymity, said without elaborating.



"Thanks to the mediation of Mufti Sheikh Bakr al-Rifai, the Kuwaiti citizen... was handed over to the Lebanese General Security authorities in Baalbek," the source said, referring to the top Muslim authority in the main eastern Lebanese city.
"We can say for sure that the kidnapping was not politically motivated," he added.
There was no immediate word on whether any demands were made by the kidnappers or any ransom paid.
Lebanon has been hit in recent months by several waves of kidnappings, that have often been linked to the brutal civil war in neighbouring Syria.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, November 12th 2014
AFP
           


New comment:
Twitter

News | Hdhod authors | International press | Politics | Culture | Education | Interview | Features | Arts | Media | Science | Tech and WEB | Entertainment | Society | Travel | Investigation | Sport