Keep your distance, photographers in Richie crash told



LOS ANGELES- Two photographers involved in a car crash with Nicole Richie were ordered to stay at least 50 yards away from the former reality television star by a Los Angeles judge Monday.
Judge Carol Goodson issued the order, which remains in force until 2012, after hearing testimony from Richie and her partner Joel Madden.



Keep your distance, photographers in Richie crash told
Richie, 28, told Los Angeles Superior Court how she had been driving in Beverly Hills on October 5 when her car was struck from behind.
"Out of nowhere, a car just slammed right into me," said Richie, who required medical assistance after the smash. "I was hysterical, I was scared. I had no idea what hit me."
Richie told the court she and Madden and their two children were harassed by photographers on a daily basis, saying she suspected paparazzi often "try to get a rise out of me in order to get a picture."
She said she had seen two men -- Eduardo Arrivebene and Ivon Miguel -- following her two to three times since the accident. Both photographers were in court Monday for the hearing.
Richie, the daughter of singer Lionel Richie, is best known for her role in reality series "The Simple Life" where she starred alongside Paris Hilton.
In 2007 she served just under two hours behind bars after admitting driving under the influence of alcohol and an unspecified drug. It followed her arrest in December 2006 for driving the wrong way down a Los Angeles-area freeway.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, November 17th 2009
AFP
           


New comment:
Twitter

News | Politics | Features | Arts | Entertainment | Society | Sport