Reports: White House official accused of abuse could depart early





Washington - Another high-ranking White House official is set to leave his post, possibly as early as Thursday, due to allegations of domestic violence by two ex-wives.



 
White House Staff Secretary Rob Porter had resigned after the allegations were reported, but he is expected to stay on for a period of time to ensure a smooth transition, White House spokeswoman Sarah Sanders said on Wednesday.
Porter is in charge of Trump's correspondence and schedule, and works closely with Chief of Staff John Kelly.
However, as images showing one of his two ex-wives with what appears to be a black eye spread on the internet, news reports said Thursday that his departure could be moved up.
Porter denied the allegations as "simply false" in a statement.
"I took the photos given to the media nearly 15 years ago, and the reality behind them is nowhere close to what is being described," Porter said.
The two ex-wives accuse Porter of physical and psychological abuse.
One of the women, Colbie Holderness, told the Daily Mail that he had repeatedly beaten and strangled her during their five-year marriage.
The British tabloid published the photos of Holderness, 37, with a black eye.
Questions have been raised over whether Kelly knew about the allegations. Porter’s ex-wives said that they informed the FBI last year, according to the Washington Post.
Sanders said Wednesday that US President Donald Trump and Kelly had full confidence in Porter and trust in his abilities and his performance. Trump has not commented on Porter's resignation.

Thursday, February 8th 2018
(dpa)
           


New comment:
Twitter

News | Politics | Culture | Education | Interview | Features | Arts | Media | Science I Tech | Entertainment | Society | Travel | Sport